Saturday, August 21, 2010

What is the best birth control pill for weight loss?

I am going back on the pill and I am very worried about gaining weight because I struggle with keeping my weight where it's at now. I am very active and watch what I eat. I used to be on yasmin and I don't remember having any side effects with that.





My doctor now prescribed me with loestrin 24fe and I was wondering what peoples experience with that was - weight gain.... weight loss and would they recommend it? any help would be appreciated- thanks!What is the best birth control pill for weight loss?
Hi there, im on loestrin and its quite a good one i think. only on a low dose though. and i have gained a few punds though ... not much though.What is the best birth control pill for weight loss?
so cautious it's abt been healthy gal nt skinny,..! i knw my advice is like a **** to u ,.! thanxx 4 dat,.
It varies from woman to woman and pill to pill. I lost a ton of weight on Ortho Tri cyclen and kept a steady weight on desogen. But gained horribly on Mirena (IUD) and Depo (shot)
The pill itself doesn't make you gain weight, it's because it increases your appetite which makes you want to eat more.





However, there are other contraceptives which don't have this side-effect. The mini-pill is one, then there's the contraceptive injection, the coil and of course condoms.





If you have concerns I would talk through your options with your doctor, and from there you can decide on the best form of contraception for you.





Hope this helps!


Rosie xx
You only gain weight because it says its possible. You look in the mirror and one day you may look ';bigger'; than usual and you think its the pill's fault. The Pill doesn't make you gain weight, it can simply increase of decrease your appetite, obviously if you gain weight its cos you've been hungry a bit more.
I would ask your doctor to go back on Yasmin if you had good experiences with it and you would like to.. All you have to do is ask them directly and she'll write you an Rx for what you really wanted. I have been on yasmin for 5 years and I really like it. no weight gain, very little bloating, etc.. as opposed to some of my other friends that have had that problem with other types of bc, shots, pills, etc.
i was going to recommendd yasmin...why did you stop taking that...i like it
I take Loestrin 24 Fe. I love it. I have taken it for 3 years and have not gained weight, or had any sort of side effect at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment