Friday, August 6, 2010

Birth control and weight gain/loss?

So I'm going to be out on birth control for my acne. I don't know what kind of birth control I will be put on, but I am very worried about weight gain. I just started to work out and start eating healthier because I want to tone up my body. but I'm afraid that my plan might backfire because of the birth control. I know that I'm going to be given pills but should I ask my doctor if I need fluid pills? Or will I still be loosing weight if I work out on a regular bases. I'm a bit concerned about weight gain because I'm short and If I gain 3 kilograms I look like a fat whale. Does anybody know of a birth control that makes you stay the same weight or actually let you loose weight? I heard that birth control just increases your appetite so maybe I'm just getting over worked for no reason?Birth control and weight gain/loss?
If you're already working out, I wouldn't worry. Just keep with it, it doesn't happen to everyone. Just keep with eating healthy and working out a nd you should be fine.Birth control and weight gain/loss?
well im on birth control and as far as i know every type makes you gain but its only because of appetite. So i only gained a couple of pumds, I wouldnt get overworked about it though. Just keep working out and it shouldnt be a problem
Every woman reacts differently to the Pill, but it generally makes you gain weight. The way the Pill works is that it releases a hormone that makes your body believe that it's pregnant, so you won't get your period. You take the pill with this hormone in it for 3 weeks, and then the last week you take a placebo pill that doesn't contain the hormone, making you get your period for a week. Then you start over on the hormone pills.





The hormone makes your body react as if it were pregnant, which includes weight gain. The hormones released during pregnancy has also been known to make women's skin clearer, which is why you're on the pill.





About your worries about weight gain, it's not that big of a deal. I only gained about 5 pounds, but then I switched my prescription and I'm on a different pill, which is actually making me lose that weight. So it depends on your body and the type of birth control that you're on.





But if you work out consistently I don't think it should affect you that much. And honestly, what's a little weight compared to the effects of unsafe sex?





Hope I helped :)

No comments:

Post a Comment