Friday, August 6, 2010

Birth control pills cause weight loss?

i'm starting on Yaz to help regulate my periods and help with PMDD. I've heard that some birth control pills cause you to gain weight, and sometimes women lose weight. I've been struggling with weight loss for awhile and gaining weight is the last thing i want. Did anyone find that BC helped with weight loss? or does anyone have any advice for me regarding birth control pills? thanks.Birth control pills cause weight loss?
I have taken Yaz for over a year. It did not effect my weight at all. This may not be true for everyone tho. I was perscribed Yaz by my dr for the same reason, irregular menstal cycles and I had ovarian cysts. It has helped so much with my cramps and I am on time every month now. To me a few pounds gained or lost would be a sacrifice I would be willing to make for this. If it was to effect your weight it would because of the mood swings and possibility of depression some women get as a side effect. Hope this helps you!





*Just read your add' Ihave never gotten sick from taking Yaz...then again all womens bodys act differently to things. Like I said, I have taken it for about 15 months now and so far the only down side is it costs me $50 a month (and thats with my insurance!)Birth control pills cause weight loss?
I took Yaz before. I am a very thin person, and I found they did not effect my weight at all. However, I am warning you that Yaz is very high dosage of both estrogen and progesterone, which caused me to get very sick from them. I threw up almost everyday from them or felt airsick all the time and as a result stopped taking them. But besides throwing up, on days where I could keep it down, I found it did not affect my weight at all, and contrary to popular belief, it did not make my skin better either.


edit and yes I would say I had a pretty awful reaction to it, not trying to scare you. on Yaz i was always nauseous and sick and had to go home early from work bc of it sometimes. Honestly I felt like I was on chemo (how I imagine chemotherapy to feel).
  • remedy blackheads
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment