Saturday, August 21, 2010

Is my body reacting like this because of my birth control pills or because of my weight loss?

I always been irregular all my life and overweight. I was told because I'm irregular is because of me being overweight. Well, I had a gastric bypass 7 months ago and already lost 120 pounds. I'm still considered overweight but not obese. A month before surgery I got on birth control pills as advised by my doctors to avoid pregnancy after losing weight. I have been taking them religiously since then. The pills I was given to take is Seasonique. Ever since I started them I have had nonstop spotting or bleeding and here recently I've started to get cramps even when I'm not taking the ';yellow pills';. I was told the spotting is normal and will subside over time. I don't see it getting any lighter or even stopping. I have to wear a pad all the time 24/7. The type of bleeding I have is very dark brown and here recently I notice blood clotting coming out when I pee or on my pad. What do you think this coud be? Is it because I lost so much weight? Is it the pills? I feel like I'm getting worse because now I'm getting cramping and discomfort right in the center area of my pubic area. Not on the sides like normal pms cramping but in the center it feels like someone stabbing me. I made an appt. with my gyno. for next week but I'm just wondering what everyone elses thoughts on this. Anyone else had surgery and took these pills have similar issues? I tried searching online but can't find any links to the connection of my issues plus the surgery. Thanks in advance. =)Is my body reacting like this because of my birth control pills or because of my weight loss?
I haven't had surgery, but I'm on my second pack of Seasonique and have been bleeding for over a month. Not spotting, but heavy bleeding. My doctor told me the second pack would be better... which isn't the case, as I've been bleeding more than I did on the first pack. I've also had clotting , bloating and hardening of my abdomen, and crazy painful cramps even when I'm not on my period (like you said, stabbing pains)! My doctor said some women's bodies can't handle not having a period, which is what all of the breakthrough bleeding is... old blood that didn't come out when it naturally should have.





I'm currently away at school and I'm not able to see my regular gyno, so I'm getting a second opinion next week with a doctor here just to make sure something isn't wrong.





It's scary! I know and understand how you feel!Is my body reacting like this because of my birth control pills or because of my weight loss?
I haven't had this surgery before and I haven't taken that kind of birth control before, but have you considered taking a different kind of pill considering how much weight you have lost. When I got my birth control the lady told me she was giving me Lutera because its a low hormone pill sense I'm only 5'4';. Anyways I hope what I told you helped!!!
  • remedy blackheads
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment