Friday, August 6, 2010

Does the birth control pills or the patch cause weight gain or hair loss?

thanks for your helpDoes the birth control pills or the patch cause weight gain or hair loss?
They all have weight gain as a possible side effect.Does the birth control pills or the patch cause weight gain or hair loss?
I think it's pretty rare but I experienced some pretty severe hair loss when I started birth control. It stopped after about 3 months. That was a year ago and my hair is finally back to normal!

Report Abuse



It depends on the person - everybody has different side affects.


You could lose or gain weight because of the changes in your appetite and my weight is satyed the same I had extra cravings but did not gain any weight.


To me I had experienced hair loss also (but it could be the fact i'm getting older.. i'm 27)





But I did get some positive results. I have clear skin, lighter %26amp; shorter periods, no cramps, and it was great to have the protection.





There are many types of birth control pill with different estrogen levels. You may want to ask your doctor for more information.
its depends on your body, i was on the pill for seven yrs and didnt gain anywieght or lose any hair, i actually has smaller lighter periods and almost no cramping.
weight gain for sure.
Anything that can alter your hormones can cause both. Weight gain is the most common, although hair loss is a less common side-effect. Some women are more prone to hair loss than others. If you shed like a cat in the first place, your more prone to losing hair while taking birth control or an antidepressant.





You shouldn't gain more than a few pounds while on birth control. If you do, you should talk to your doctor, because it may not be the best method of birth control for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment