Saturday, August 21, 2010

Is hair loss a more likely side effect of Yasmin than of other birth control pill brands?

I've been on the Pill for about a year now (I was on Cilest, then Marvelon, then Dianette.) The reason for switching between brands was that the first two pills gave me acne, which Dianette then cleared up. However I've now been told to switch to Yasmin as I can't stay on Dianette much longer for health reasons, and I am concerned about doing this as have read a lot online saying that people have suffered hair loss as a side effect of Yasmin. I'm not sure if this is just as likely on Yasmin as it is on other brands of the pill (ie. if I was going to suffer this on the pill, I would have done so already) or whether this side effect is more common on Yasmin. Does anyone know?Is hair loss a more likely side effect of Yasmin than of other birth control pill brands?
I know that I lost hair taking OrthoEvra. Some pills just affect you that way. My sister takes Yasmin and has no side effects. I think it depends on the person's chemical makeup what side effects you will have on what pill.Is hair loss a more likely side effect of Yasmin than of other birth control pill brands?
haven't you heard on tv yasmin is bad and so is yaz! and this coming from a 12 year old!

No comments:

Post a Comment