Saturday, August 21, 2010

Weight loss (or gain) after stopping birth control?

I started Yaz about 4 months ago, and have also been traveling abroad.


I have gained weight (about 6 pounds or more) here, and I'm not sure whether or not its from the birth control or from change in eating habits etc.





Either way, (had I gained the weight from BC), is it likely that when I go off the pill that I will automatically lose weight (the weight I potentially gained from it) ?





(Has anyone had an experience with BC that when they went off of it they GAINED weight?)





Thank you!Weight loss (or gain) after stopping birth control?
When I went on Yaz I had no weight gain, but I went off it about 3 months ago after taking it for about 7 years and I have gained about 6-8 pounds and can't seem to lose the weight. I have always exercised, always eaten pretty healthfully...the only thing different is me not taking the pill. I went to the doctor because Im so bloated I thought I was pregnant even though the test was negative...and my period was 6 weeks late. She said when you go off the pill it is normal for your hormones to be out of whack and your body will eventually regulate itself. Still, the weight gain sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment