Saturday, August 21, 2010

Paxil CR (Controlled Release) - Weight Gain or Loss?

Hi there. I just began taking Paxil CR (Controlled Release) 12.5.





I was wondering if anyone can share their personal experiences with Paxil CR in regards to their appetite?





Did it make you hungrier? Did you eat more?





Did it decrease your appetite? Did you loose weight?





If anyone can share I would love to know.





Thanks.Paxil CR (Controlled Release) - Weight Gain or Loss?
I gained - a lot.


no control over cravings....


I'm tapering off now....


good luck.Paxil CR (Controlled Release) - Weight Gain or Loss?
yeah i take it and have for quite awhile....you will notice no difference at all!
i take 20 mg of paxil a day in the morning, i have't noticed any extreme side affect, i felt happier within the first week, i feel almost giddy and happy all the time now and I find myself laughing a lot more, it's a great med, i don't know if i gained any weight, my clothes fit stll, so if i did it was a little
In general, when you take psychotropic medication, it is a good idea to also exercise. If you are not used to exercising, it can be simply taking a 30-minute walk (or two 15-minute ones). If not daily, then 3-4 times a week. Just stay active. Cleaning the house counts, as well. Physical activities, like walking, exercising, or riding a bike complement the drug and helps your mental well-being.





I tried to Google and find you an answer. There is a lot of information out there. So much so, that all that I can recommend is that you talk to your pharamsist and request a list of side-effects that Paxil-CR might have. And you may even ask them to explain it. (As well, read the insert. If anybody should know, then it would be the manufacturer.) I did see something, on various sites, about weight changes. From personal experience, I took Paxil many years ago, and I didn't notice a severe weight gain.





That is not the case with the medication that I currently take. All I have to say, is that I wish the Psychiatrist would have warned me about the increase in appetite, so that when the urge to snack hits 20-30 minutes after I take my medication, I could've been prepared to ignore it.





I hope that this will work out for you. Good luck!
I take Paxil.You might gain just a few pounds.I gained 3 pounds .No big deal.And it doesnt make me pig out.I take 10 mgs. once a day.Dont worry too much!! Take Care

No comments:

Post a Comment