Saturday, August 21, 2010

I am at a loss of what to do. Child out of control. I need serious advice!I NEED ADVICE DESPERATELY!?

My daughter just turned 17. I have had an on-going problem with her since she was in the 6th grade. That's when she started skipping school. I tried reaching out to her, and it didn't work. As a last resort I contacted her school, and let them know she's been skipping. I asked for help. They weren't able to get through to her.


Just yesterday DCF paid me a visit! I got a long speech, and was interrogated by them. They kept asking me why I didn't send her to school. I would go as far as dropping her off right in front of the school! But as soon as I pulled away from the school she left. I had to pay a pretty hefty fine from the courts!


If I confront her about anything she gets ridiculously mad. When she gets mad enough she loses all control, and it's like she doesn't feel pain. However, if she sees me crying she asks me what's wrong.


The other day she opened the car door while we were in traffic, and took off! PLEASE GIVE ME SOME ADVICE! I NEED IT DESPERATELY. I AM A SINGLE PARENT OF 4 KIDS.I am at a loss of what to do. Child out of control. I need serious advice!I NEED ADVICE DESPERATELY!?
You need professional help before it is too late for her and for you.I am at a loss of what to do. Child out of control. I need serious advice!I NEED ADVICE DESPERATELY!?
wow , that sucks !!!


it could be a lot of things , but as I read it I thought of something , it may be a reach but did you consider bipolar if someone in your or her dads family has it she could too , my ex has it and I was told to watch for it in my sons teen years , that's when the chemicals change and it starts to show.
Take her to a counselor and find out why she is doing these things, if you yourself have tried to do everything in your power to help her.. and she has been like this since 6th grade..something should have been done like this long ago!
Call DCFS and ask for help. Even if it means tough love, you need to get through to her.
YOU made your bed, now you have to lie in it.
This might sound harsh, but you need to set a limit for her. Compromise with her and make a deal. Say you can skip blank amount of days and if you don't like that than you can move out. If she doesn't respect your rules then she shouldn't be able to in your house. If she thinks she's good enough to skip school then she should be able to support herself. My mom did the same thing with my brother when he was about 17 or 18. She gave him a choice. Follow my rules or don't live in my house. I think the main thing you need to do in all of this is to make sure she knows you love her. Whatever happens, your daughter will grow up sometime. I hope this helps in some way.
If she is giving you such a hard time I would ask DCF for help..If they will, not go to the courts and ask for a chins to placed on her she will have to report to a probation officer once a week and show that she is going to school.Maybe having the chins on her will scare her enough to know you mean business. Also I would get her into some counseling.There is probably a lot going through her head right now and she doesn't know how to handle it. Good luck.
i feel for you. i wish i had the answer. all i can offer is distant advice. when you drop her off, make sure to follow up and call the school if you have to... or follow her into the school. don't allow her any privileges. physically restrain her if you have to - (learn how to do this appropriately) only as a last resort i.e. if she tries to fight you for keeping her home. also, get into counseling. try to learn to communicate better with each other. if all else fails - let her go. easier said then done, i guess. if you concern yourself with her every move - and question her - she may be annoyed, but she will feel loved.





good luck.
I am 17 i was the same way with my mother. Its like she does not appropriate you and the things you do for her and that you are a single mom raising her and her siblings. I would do what my mom did my mom kicked me out because i did not respect her. I learned a lesson and i learned at this age i need my mother. I now appropriate what my mom has done for me. She just needs to learn a lesson. Take it from someone who did.
My rule is you are either in school or have a FT job. I would also make her help pay back the fine. If she will listen explain if she doesn't go to school and drops out she will never have a good paying job, will not be able to afford nice clothes etc. You can also try PINS which is a program for at risk teens, it's like probation. Call the probation dept to find out more. I'm sorry she doesn't seem to realize how much you care. Keep trying some teens (like I was) are hard headed.

No comments:

Post a Comment