Friday, August 6, 2010

Birth control and weight loss....?

I'm just wondering if there is any birth control that doesnt cause u to gain weight... or maybe even birth control that helps u loose weight?


I just had my two kids in the last couple years.. i have a 19 month old and a 7 week old and gained weight and need to get it off now but i dont wanna get pregnant again right away so i was thinking of going on birth control and heard all these stories of ppl gaining weight and that freaks me out i need to loose not gain sooooo if u know of any birth control pills i can take or another form besides condoms or just not having sex lol cuz i know someone would have said that lol :P


something that wont make me gain weight


thanks! :)Birth control and weight loss....?
I always gain tons of weight on the pill - and I have tried quite a few. It is certainly not a myth - and the studies back it up.





Breastfeeding helps to take the baby weight off very quickly though so if you can try to breastfeed for at least 6 months - preferably a year. Every time you nurse it's like a half hour of aerobic activity as far as calorie loss goes!





As far as other options...





Ask you doctor about a Diaphragm (that is something you put inside before you have sex).





You can also ask about a ring that you insert once a month that uses similar hormones to BCP but there are less side effects since you don't ingest it. It's called Nuva Ring.Birth control and weight loss....?
there are many low hormone birth controls out there that shouldn't make you gain weight. I know that I gained wait with every pill I took, but when I switched to the patch I didn't gain any weight and I lost what I had gained with diet and exercise of course. I also didn't gain weight with the Nuva ring, it give me nausea for the first 4-7 days I would put it in.


Talk to you doctor about your options they can tell you which one are known for causing weight gain and which ones aren't.


Good luck
The pill doesn't make you gain weight that is a myth also there is no pill that can make you loose weight you'll just have to do it with diet and exercise.
It just depends on how you respond to birth control pills. I'm using Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo, and I haven't gained any weight. I did loose ten pounds because I got really sick, and I haven't gained any weight since then.
I've been on Yasmin before, and I'm on Yaz now, and neither of them have made me gain any weight. They also haven't made me lose any weight either though.
make the guy use protection. why should you be the only one who worries.
pill weight gain is a myth; basically because we live in a fat/obese society, people always look for something to blame their wieght gain on. a fit and healthy woman will not have any weight issues from the pill. if you are truly gonna be excersing, then youll be fine. also dont diet....they dont work and eventual you get sick of it then go crazy on fatty foods! simply adopt a healthy lifestyle, including healthier foods, snacks, activities and excercises for the whole family. youll be amazed at how much better you feel. start by reading ';body for life'; by bill phillips. its a fun, short, very informative, and motivational book that will teach you what the best trainers already know. i did about 50% of what he said, and never even did cardio and i lost 50 lbs!! also, teaching you kids a healthy lifestyle and fitness program is one of the very best things you can do for them; as it will effect their whole life for the rest of their life, and to a point can even help them get better jobs/ careers and grades in school! not to mention it WILL affect their self esteem like 1000%!





also, i would recommend a vasectomy for the guy. they are cheap and can be reversed if you want kids one day, although u shouldnt plan on a succesful reversal! im getting one in about 6 months or so, and many of my friends have them, although one just had their baby as his was done about 7 yrs ago and the tubes went back together. he can even store his sperm at a sperm bank for future, and then if you ever want kids its there and waiting. i do understand that most guys dont have the balls (no pun intended) for this, (but its basically painless) so if its not an option...





i would look into an IUD.


IUD really is by far the best. its been the number one choice in europe for decades. the only reason its not #1 in usa is because the dr's make a lot more money selling the pill...and i mean A WHOLE LOT more money. i dont have to tell you that usa is greed capital of the world, so thats why the pill is recommended here the most. (and of course no one will tell you thats the reason, but you will see the evidence if you do the research.)





so many of the side effects of pills dont happen with an IUD. also, you just put them in and have nothing to worry about for 5 yrs (depending on brand) or more sometimes. technically, they are more effective as well, because it eliminates the variable of human mistakes (missing a pill, taking it at iregular intervals, getting sick and throwing it up, forgetting to check the calander to see if you can have sex that day, ect, ect)

No comments:

Post a Comment